ADSM-L

Re: Expiration processing

1995-10-27 12:42:08
Subject: Re: Expiration processing
From: Bob Klein <KL2 AT CU.NIH DOT GOV>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 1995 12:42:08 EDT
We currently have a rather small database (about 200 mb).  I
have noticed that running the expiration (which we do once a
week for the timebeing) has only a minor impact on the size
of the database or how much storage is used.  I would guess that
unless you have a very large number of files being updated every
night (and backed up nightly as well) you are probably not
accomplishing much by running the expiration daily.

Robert P. Klein                          KL2 AT CU.NIH DOT GOV
Robert P. Klein                          KL2 AT CU.NIH DOT GOV
Phone: 301-496-7400                      Fax: 301-496-6905
Mail:  DCRT/CFB/ETS, 12A/1033, 12 SOUTH DR MSC 5607,
       BETHESDA, MD 20892-5607