ADSM-L

ADSM bugs and support

1995-10-24 15:25:15
Subject: ADSM bugs and support
From: "Steelhammer, R.P." <pilot AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 1995 12:25:15 PDT
 It too concerns me that PMRs would be closed without consent of
 a customer. This is not the way the IBM Support Structure works.
 Each Problem Management Record (PMR) is owned by IBM, but issues
 such as severity and closure are ALWAYS the customer's call. If
 this has happened to you, on behalf of IBM, I apologize. This
 will not happen in the future.

 We are looking into what might have happened on these European PMRs.
 The one difference between US PMRs and what we call World Trade (that
 is everything other than US - i.e. Latin America, Canada, Europe,
 Asia Pacific) is that all closures of problems are done at the owning
 country level, not at Level 2. This is not an excuse, but an explanation
 of the process. If you have specific comments or questions, please
 let me know directly. We value your input and this vehicle of
 communication.

                    Bob Steelhammer
                    Manager ADSM Technical Support