ADSM-L

FW: DASD configuration questions

1995-10-20 13:31:00
Subject: FW: DASD configuration questions
From: "PITTSON, TIMOTHY" <PITTSON1 AT BWMAIL1.HCC DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 1995 13:31:00 EDT
The recovery log size requirements can be significantly greater in Version 2
of ADSM as opposed to Version 1.  In version 1,  the recovery log size is
dependent upon the amount of concurrent activity taking place.  We're
running ADSM version 1 with a 5 GB database... our recovery log is sized at
500 MB which is much bigger than it needs to be but I sized it with going to
Version 2 in the near future in mind.  Would also recommend keeping the
recovery log on separate physical volumes than the database.  If you're
running version 1 of ADSM, I'd start with a 50-75 MB recovery log and keep
an eye on it.  The 'Q LOG FORMAT=DETAILED' command will tell you what the
maximum utilization since the last time ADSM was started.

Tim Pittson
pittson1 AT bwmail1.hcc DOT com