ADSM-L

V2 AUDIT MSG

1995-10-20 12:18:28
Subject: V2 AUDIT MSG
From: WILLIAM R COUGHLIN guser <wcoughlin AT GPU DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 1995 11:18:28 EST
  -> ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU     MAIL TO EXTERNAL MAIL SYSTEM   IO50C3

We have V1 in production and in testing mode for V2 (MVS Server) ....

  While attempting to perform an audit of a copy group tape (in OFFSITE
status), the following messages are recieved.

   ANS8000I AUDIT OF VOLUME CANNOT BE COMPLETED DUE TO FOLLOWING ERROR.

   ANR2032E COMMAND FAILED - INTERNAL SERVER ERROR DETECTED.

I would think an error message with content of something like
"COMMAND FAILED - UNABLE TO AUDIT OFFSITE VOLUMES" would be more suited.
The ANR2032E message also refers to a more detailed message that doesn't
show up in the Activity log.  Works the same in the GUI and command line.

                                                  Bill Coughlin
                                                  GPU Service Corp.
                                                  wcoughlin AT gpu DOT com