ADSM-L

tape migration problem

1995-10-18 13:42:57
Subject: tape migration problem
From: cc52 <CC52 AT SDSUMUS.SDSTATE DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 1995 11:42:57 CST
We have been having problems with our tape migrations not
completing.  Our %util is currently at 43.9% and our %Migr is at 12.7%.
We have set the High Mig% at 20% and the Low Mig % at 10%.  When we
set these percentages down to these levels the first time it forced the
migration, but now it doesn't seem to trigger the migration.  I
couldn't find any APAR's on the VM Version 1 Server.  We also set our
tape mount retention period way up so we didn't miss any tape
mounts.  Is there anything in any of our backup pool settings that
could be keeping the migration from kicking off?

Ron Greve
South Dakota State University