ADSM-L

DataBase Mirroring

1995-10-17 16:42:44
Subject: DataBase Mirroring
From: asdf <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 1995 15:42:44 CDT
We are looking into mirroring our ADSM database. Can anyone tell me
what this will gain us? How does it help you recover from a database
error? Does the database automatically get synchronized with the
mirror after you correct the problems with the database volume?
Does it notify you that there was a problem that needs to addressed?

What does mirroring gain us for the cost of the DASD? Are there any
additional down sides to mirroring besides requiring twice the disk
space?