ADSM-L

ADSM and DB2/6000

1995-10-17 04:57:33
Subject: ADSM and DB2/6000
From: Michel Gaillard <Michel.Gaillard AT VZ.CIT.ALCATEL DOT FR>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 1995 10:57:33 +0200
Hello there,

We make regular Full Backups of our DB2/6000 databases with ADSM.
The version is currently DB2 V1.1 and we plan to upgrade to Version 2.1.

Is it possible to use the Backups made with DB2 V1.1 and ADSM to restore
the databases with a DB2 V2.1 ?

Probably yes you'll tell me but the probleme is the following :

During the test and evaluation period we must have the 2 versions
of DB2 on the same Aix Box and we did this with 2 dba userids
(db2 for DB2V1 and db2v2 for DB2V2) and it seems impossible for
db2v2 to restore databases backed up by user db2 ..

Am I right ? any hints to solve this problem ??

TIA, Michel

--
Michel Gaillard
Michel Gaillard