ADSM-L

Del Volhistory

1995-10-08 10:46:07
Subject: Del Volhistory
From: Mike Kaczmarski <kacz AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 1995 07:46:07 MST
Ref:  Your note of Sat, 7 Oct 1995 04:06:43 +0000 (attached)

>  You should *immediately* open a problem with IBM on this.
>  DELETE VOLHISTORY shouldn't be invoking ARCTVEXT!!

Before you determinf this is a problem. please read the following.
It is working as designed and documented.
ADSM manages its own tapes, determining how
long they should be kept and when they should be returned to
scratch status.  For database backup tapes (or, in version 1 database
dump tapes), return to scratch occurrs when the volume history
for these volumes is deleted by the administrator.

I recommend always using a retention of 99365 and
letting ADSM Manage the tapes it needs.

Mike Kaczmarski
ADSM Development