ADSM-L

Re: Tape idle time...

1995-10-05 03:25:17
Subject: Re: Tape idle time...
From: Andy Raibeck <raibeck AT CONNIX DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 1995 07:25:17 +0000
Eilon Gishri asks:

> Hi,
>   I'm using ADSM 2.1 for AIX with a 4mm tape drive. I would like to know
> if there is a way to keep the tape in the drive for more than 60 minutes
> idle.

Have you tried the UPDATE DEVCLASS command? There is a MOUNTRETENTION
option that allows you to specify, in minutes, how long to keep an
idle tape in the drive. The range is from 0 to 9999. For example, if you
want to leave it in the drive for 90 minutes, issue the command:

UPD DEV <deviceclassname> MOUNTR=90

(I used the abbreviations for the command)

You need to fill in the name of the particular device class for your
4mm drive. If you aren't sure what the name is, issue the Q DEV command
(QUERY DEVCLASS) to display all your device classes. I use the MVS
server and have a device class called CARTRIDGE. So in my case I would say:

UPD DEV CARTRIDGE MOUNTR=90

Hope this helps,

Andy Raibeck
Connecticut Mutual