ADSM-L

Looking for Experienced Users on MVS

1995-10-03 13:37:17
Subject: Looking for Experienced Users on MVS
From: Howard Heitner <CCHH AT MUSICA.MCGILL DOT CA>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 1995 13:37:17 EDT
I have been monitoring this list for several weeks and was hoping
to get a general feeling about the reliability and utility of
ADSM as a backup and archive system for my 120 Novell
networks and numerous UNIX, Macintosh and Window based workstations.

I must admit I am shocked at how active this list is especially
when it comes to reporting problems.

My plan is to use our MVS machine as a server across our campus
backbone network.  I realize that limitations in the speed of
this network may limit what we can accomplish.

Howard Heitner                       Phone: (514) 398-3721
Associate Director                     Fax: (514) 398-6876
McGill University
Computing Centre
805 Sherbrooke St. W.
Montreal, Que.  H3A 2K6