ADSM-L

Re: ADSM Mac client pref file invisible characters

1995-10-03 12:36:17
Subject: Re: ADSM Mac client pref file invisible characters
From: Wendy Alberg <WAXY AT CORNELLC.CIT.CORNELL DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 1995 12:36:17 EDT
On Tue, 12 Sep 1995 15:15:20 -0700 Paul Mularz
<O10131P AT WACCVM.CORP.MOT DOT COM> said:

>Platform:  Macintosh

>             platform, invisible characters are recognized, and the
>             connection to the server fails.
>
>             We can delete the portion of the preference file, and
>             begin again;  carefully editing the file, by hitting the
>             return key after each line works, however if this is not
>             edited properly, the same error occurs.  The file appears
>             to be correct, however invisible characters are
>             recognized.
>
>             Please comment........Thank you......

We've seen this too, and gotten around it the same way.  It helps to
use a text processor, such as Word, that can display something for
invisible characters when you go trying to eradicate them.  Still
don't know how they get in there in the first place....

Wendy Alberg, Computer Resources Technical Support Group, 315 CCC,
Cornell Information Technologies, Cornell Univ., Ithaca, NY 14853
wa10 AT cornell DOT edu    607/255-2672