ADSM-L

Re: ADSM/2 V2.1 Admin. Client Dying

1995-09-28 19:32:20
Subject: Re: ADSM/2 V2.1 Admin. Client Dying
From: Andy Raibeck <raibeck AT CONNIX DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 1995 19:32:20 -0400
Paul Beck writes:

>      I have been trying to test the ADSM V2.1 OS/2 clients, using an
existing AD
> SM/2 V1.2.8
> server.  The backup/archive clients seem to functions fine, as does the
command
> line
> administrative client.
>
>    The graphical administrative client, on the other hand, abends
without genera
> ting error
> messages on the workstation, or in the error logs.
>
>    The workstation is running Warp Connect and was running the ADSM/2
V1.2.8 cli
> ents without
> incident.
>
>    Any ideas as to why this may be occurring?

I know there are some users, myself included, who have experienced
numerous abends with the OS/2 GUI Admin. You didn't describe your
symptoms in detail, but the sort of thing I've seen (for example)
is if I open the Database icon, then close it, the entire Admin GUI
shuts down. IBM is aware of this, and I think they've taken an APAR
out for it.

Andy Raibeck
Connecticut Mutual
203-987-3521