ADSM-L

? Can we convert ADSM "disk-cached" files to "unmigrated" status ?

1995-09-25 13:55:00
Subject: ? Can we convert ADSM "disk-cached" files to "unmigrated" status ?
From: "J.R.Owen" <OWEN AT YALEVM.CIS.YALE DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 1995 13:55:00 EDT
We are in process of testing ADSM for Sun/Solaris and plan to ease it into
production using backups done during our testing.  We had a Solaris system
problem, ended by an emergency reboot, while the ADSM server was in the midst
of migrating files from disk to 8mm tape.  The tape got damaged (?because the
server didn't get shutdown properly?) and is now flagged as "read-only", but
might not actually be readable either.  We have disk-caching turned on for our
ADSM backuppool so the "possibly lost" files are actually still on disk.  Is it
possible to change the status of these disk files from "migrated and cached" to
"unmigrated" so that I can delete the damaged tape volume and just start the
migration process over again with a new tape?  Please advise how to proceed.

Thanks for your help.
Jim Owen