ADSM-L

Windows client hang

1995-09-22 11:37:51
Subject: Windows client hang
From: Leroy Gharis <HLG.DSKPO33A AT DSKS62.ITG.TI DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 1995 10:37:51 CDT
  We have some customers running the ADSM Windows client on WFW.  We can
successfully execute a "Incremental by Date" backup and restore files.  When we
try to execute an "Incremental backup" the client hangs.  Sometimes the
"Elapsed Time" stays at 00:00:00 and sometimes it goes for a few seconds to a
minute or two before it finally hangs.  They are backing up to a Sun ADSM
server running evaluation software.
  This sounds similar to the problem mentioned in another message with the OS/2
client hanging.  Maybe this is TCP/IP related and has nothing to do with the
fact thst it is an ADSM Windows client, but I was wondering if anyone else has
seen this same problem.

Regards,
Leroy Gharis                Operations Management Tools
phone: (214)575-4254        Enterprise Computing Provisioning
email: lgharis AT ti DOT com       Texas Instruments, Inc.