ADSM-L

TTI 46120 Support

1995-09-20 19:46:03
Subject: TTI 46120 Support
From: Mike Knight <knightm AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 1995 19:46:03 EDT
From: Mike Knight, DCS-East, (314)234-5096, KNIGHTM at ISSCVM
Inet:                                       KNIGHTM AT VNET.IBM DOT COM

Transitional Technology Inc. (TTI) makes a 46120 8mm tape library that is
supposed to be plug compatible with the Exabyte EXB-120.  Has anyone, including
IBM, tried it?  The ADSM README files list the TTI 10 as supported, but nothing
larger.

The TTI 46120 supports 6 drives and 120 tapes vs. 4 and 116 for the EXB-120.
We assume we would be limited to the lower numbers for compatibility.
Hopefully the TTI 8505 drives will be more reliable than the 8500C's.

         Mike (Not ADSM Support) Knight