ADSM-L

Re: 9999 message about lock fail

1995-09-19 23:13:24
Subject: Re: 9999 message about lock fail
From: "Joseph A. Faracchio" <SPGJAF AT CMSA.BERKELEY DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 1995 20:13:24 PDT
>The QUERY CONTENT and UPDATE DEVCLASS commands each require that the server
>lock on a resource known as the SS UNIVERSE LOCK.  UPDATE DEVCLASS was
>unable to lock on this resource because the lock was already held by the
>QUERY CONTENT command.  Issue the UPDATE DEVCLASS command at a later time.
>
>Dave Cannon
>ADSM Development

Thanks Dave.  That's going to be a little tricky to do since its an
automated procedure in a PROPLOG routine.   I'll have to see if I can
intercept the RC and perform the retry.
                     +++++++++++++++++

This brings up a question I've been meaning to ask since Day 1.
Why doesn't the VM admin client have a subcom interface so that
Rexx can be used , etc??    Maybe ver 2??? :-)

Err, let me re-phrase that:
  Why don't any or *all* of the command line Admin clients
use Rexx in subcom mode???       (MVS, VM , AIX, OS/2)

Now that Rexx is the scripting language of (almost) all IBM platforms,
I think there's no excuse to not do.  Especially any excuse about platform
(VM) specific code, etc.

                      cheers ... joe.f.