ADSM-L

ADSM MVS to AIX migration

1995-09-14 12:18:00
Subject: ADSM MVS to AIX migration
From: "PITTSON, TIMOTHY" <PITTSON1 AT BWMAIL1.HCC DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 1995 12:18:00 EDT
Hi all,
     We're in the process of outsourcing our mainframe and I need to get
ADSM moved...
the most logical platform choice is AIX.  I was wondering if anybody has had
any experience with
this (i.e. sizing the RS/6000, disk configuration, amount of memory, etc.)
 Our current ADSM environment is a version 1.2 server (service level 14)
running on a 3090-500J, MVS/ESA 4.3,  about 100 clients (mostly servers with
a handful of workstations), a 4 GB database, 6 GB backup disk pool, 1 GB
archive disk pool,  We're backing up between 8-14 GB a night (most clients
use compression).  We're using up to 14 hours of CPU time a day on a
3090-500J.  (Actually we're using more since we have 2 ADSM servers, one for
onsite and one for offsite backups.. the 14 hours of CPU time is what's used
by our onsite server... I hope to be able to get away with 1 ADSM version
2.1 server on AIX).
     Any experiences / suggestions would be most appreciated.

Regards...
Tim Pittson
pittson1 AT bwmail1.hcc DOT com