ADSM-L

Define Library gives a new error....

1995-09-13 23:40:26
Subject: Define Library gives a new error....
From: Hamish Marson <HAMISH AT WAIKATO.AC DOT NZ>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 1995 15:40:26 +1200
Arrrhhhdggghhhh...

After deciding that its going to take a long long time to get our ADIC1200
working with ADSM (Due to buggy firmware in the ADIC) I put the DLT2700 that
used to be a part of our legato server onto ADSM, defined it as /dev/lb1, the
drive as /dev/mt1, and said

adsm> define library dlt2700 libtype=SCSI device=/dev/lb1
ANR2026E DEFINE LIBRARY: Command failed - sufficient server memory is not
available.
ANS5102I Return code 5.

Oh errr.... I have 144MB of virtual memory free... How much more does it need?
Or is this an error because I don't have a key to enable device module 2? (And I
thought Legato errors were cryptic....

I've done a trace on ADSM device driver, and the DLT2700 passes all the SCSI
tests OK (Unlike the ADIC1200)...

Anyone got any bright ideas? Or am I just cursed?

Hamish Marson, Computer Services, University of Waikato|
hamish AT waikato.ac DOT nz.  Fax +64 7 8384066               | Computers are
only
Disclaimer: Remember. You heard it here first!         |   Human.....

Executive ability is deciding quickly and getting somebody else to do the work.
                                        -- John G. Pollard