ADSM-L

Re: Win '95 backup

1995-09-08 15:15:00
Subject: Re: Win '95 backup
From: J Holdren <JFH5 AT PSUVM.PSU DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 1995 15:15:00 EDT
Gary archer said:

>You can use the Win 3.1 client if you do the following first:

>When you do your backups, make sure you run LFNBK first
>to strip all lfn's from the drive your backing up.  Then
>backup the entire drive. Then run lfnbk to restore the lfn's.
>It's important that LFNBK.DAT in the root dir be backed up,
>as that is where LFNBK stores the files.

>After the backup run LFNBK to restore the long file names.

I have a user who just installed Windows 95 and we would like to
know the specifics about the gotcha's with running the Windows
client of ADSM with Win95.  In particular, where is the LNFBK
executable?  It is included with the Win95 operating system?

Please include any other tidbits about ADMS and Win95 that you might
deem useful to the readers of this group.

On a side note about Win95.  The speed in which an IBM Ultimedia
M57slc installed the client software was not impressive at all.
I beleive it has a minimum of 8Megs of memory.

Thanks for any info offered.

J Holdren                   (~              Center for Academic Computing
jfh5 AT psu DOT edu            PENN_)TATE          224A Computer Bldg
1 (814) 865-2964                            University Park, PA  16802