ADSM-L

Date error

1995-09-06 09:18:30
Subject: Date error
From: Ron Ritchey <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 1995 08:18:30 CDT
The OS/2 client changes the last accessed date on every file it touches
when ran on an OS/2 LAN server with 386HPFS. When this happens, you
have no way of finding out the last time the file was used by an
actual user. Not good when you have to use that date to manage your
server.

Is there any way to get around this error? IBM's reply is Working
As Designed. Our current tape backup system (SYTOS) doesn't
change the mentioned date. If there is no work around or the error
is not corrected, we need to start looking for an alternative package.

Thanks for any suggestions...