ADSM-L

ADSM Collocation

1995-08-31 03:47:07
Subject: ADSM Collocation
From: "PITTSON, TIMOTHY" <PITTSON1 AT BWMAIL1.HCC DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 1995 07:47:07 GMT
While on the issue of collocation and wish lists, I was wondering if it
would be possible to add some functionality that would, in effect, allow you
to combine 'active' data on as few tapes as possible.
Even with collocation enabled, some of our larger ADSM clients end up having
their 'active' data spread over 100-150 tapes.  This not only creates a
problems for server recovery  but we've had cases where restoring a user's
directory on a file server required 40-50 tape mounts.

Tim Pittson
pittson1 AT bwmail1.hcc DOT com