ADSM-L

ADSM HSM recall modes under NFS

1995-08-22 10:04:20
Subject: ADSM HSM recall modes under NFS
From: Matthias Feyerabend <M.Feyerabend AT GSI DOT DE>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 1995 15:04:20 +0100
Hello,
thank you Cyndie Behrens for clarifying things.

As you pointed out:

You can install an ADSM HSM client on an NFS server
and space manage the local NFS server space.  The NFS
server can still export to it's clients.

There is a restriction concerning "recall modes", only
"normal recall mode" is possible for NFS file systems.
Migrate-on-close or read-without-recall are not possible.

There is one more question:

Is this restriction permanent, not possible to implement or
coming hopefully with the next release of ADSM ?

We are doing a lot of these "readonly recalls"
and these two additional modes are of some worth to us.
If they work only with "local file systems" (and will stay
this way the next years) our NFS-mounting of filesystems
is questionable.

Thank You

Matthias Feyerabend            phone:    (49) 6159 71-2519
Matthias Feyerabend            phone:    (49) 6159 71-2519
GSI, Darmstadt                 internet: M.Feyerabend AT gsi DOT de