ADSM-L

Recall Modes for NFS file systems in ADSM Version 2

1995-08-21 12:51:28
Subject: Recall Modes for NFS file systems in ADSM Version 2
From: Matthias Feyerabend <M.Feyerabend AT GSI DOT DE>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 1995 17:51:28 +0100
I am reading information on ADSM Version 2, especially about
space management with ADSM.

There are several recall modes listed.
Besides normal, there is

Migrate-on-close and
Read-without-recall.

Both additional modes would be of great importance to our
installation, using a lot of reads without changing data.

Can somebody tell me, if this works for NFS file systems ?

Thank You

Matthias Feyerabend            phone:    (49) 6159 71-2519
Matthias Feyerabend            phone:    (49) 6159 71-2519
GSI, Darmstadt                 internet: M.Feyerabend AT gsi DOT de