ADSM-L

IO Error accessing SCSI Jukebox

1995-07-29 20:23:00
Subject: IO Error accessing SCSI Jukebox
From: Hamish Marson <HAMISH AT WAIKATO.AC DOT NZ>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 1995 12:23:00 +1200
I'm trying to define a SCSI jukebox (ADIC1200, supported under the device module
1 so it should work OK), and keep getting the following...

adsm> define library adic1200 libtype=scsi device=/dev/lb0
ANR8418E DEFINE LIBRARY: An I/O error occurred while accessing library ADIC1200.

Why do I get an IO error? The lb0 device is defined in smit, and it can
obviously see the jukebox, becasue it complains bitterly if I try to create a
device for a non-existant one. Is there any way I can find out exactly what the
IO error was?

TIA...

Hamish Marson, Computer Services, University of Waikato|
hamish AT waikato.ac DOT nz.  Fax +64 7 8384066               | Computers are
only
Disclaimer: Remember. You heard it here first!         |   Human.....

Money will say more in one moment than the most eloquent lover can in years.