ADSM-L

client updates

1995-07-27 16:49:23
Subject: client updates
From: 88130 <jwwhite AT SRP DOT GOV>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 1995 13:49:23 -0700
Some time ago (2+ years) I gave IBM my ADSM wish list, which included
a request for "self updating clients".  The concept being that if and
when a back level client connects to the server, the server should
detect that back level condition and then send down or instruct the
client to pull down maintenance from the server.  The client would
then apply the maintenance on the fly before proceeding with whatever
operation was originally requested.  Client upgrades would be
*transparent* and therefore less painfull than they are today.  Is
anyone else interested in such a feature or heard that it is in the
works?  If interested, please tell your IBM rep so we can get some
steam behind this request.

Jim White
Salt River Project
Phoenix, Az