ADSM-L

Multiple polices for same client?

1995-07-27 13:02:47
Subject: Multiple polices for same client?
From: Jerry Lawson <jlawson AT ITTHARTFORD DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 1995 12:02:47 EST
I was presented with this opportunity by one of my customers  :-)

In the Policy Domain for our NetWare servers, we set the "only copy" limit to
90 days.  The customer in question, a NetWare administrator, felt this was
very adequate for customer files, but would like something longer for some
files, such as the NetWare NLMs.  His reasoning was that if an NLM is
accidently deleted, and the server stays up for long periods without a reboot,
then it might be possible for a critical system module to get deleted from the
hard drive, and then subsequently from the ADSM backup.  (I know this is
perhaps extreme, but please bear with me.)  I Have been trying to develop a
process to allow certain files (perhaps the SYS volume, or a set of
directories within the volume) to have a longer "only file" delete period, but
haven't had any success.  Does anyone have a suggestion?

Jerry Lawson