ADSM-L

Re: Database recovery utilites

1995-07-26 13:08:05
Subject: Re: Database recovery utilites
From: Andrew Raibeck <raibeck AT IBM DOT NET>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 1995 17:08:05 +0000
> Good Afternoon,   I seem to be missing something here,  I read something
> somewhere, I believe it was in a Red book:  ADSTAR Distributed Storage
> Manager Storage Management Services:  Implementation Examples,
> about the Database Recovery Utilities called DUMPDB, LOADDB, and
> AUDITDB.   Are these supplied at installation?  I can't find them in the
> sys1.anr* or sys1.aanr*.  Any insight as to where these might be at
> would be wonderful.    I'm glad I don't need them at the moment.
> Thanks,
>
> Jane Dagostino-Snyder
>
> University of Minnesota
>
> (612)  624-4883

Hi Jane,

If I remember correctly, these commands were added to ADSM after the
product came out, via a PTF. Thus the documentation is not in the
Version 1 manuals. The documentation that came with the PTF has
detailed explanations of what these commands are, syntax, when
to use them, and messages generated by them. I don't know about other
platforms, but in MVS the ADSM PTF documentation is stored in
'SYS1.SAMPLIB'. I think the member name is ANR1110. It's pretty big
by now (if you keep fairly current), but you should be able to browse
on the word AUDITDB, LOADDB, or DUMPDB and eventually find it.

By the way: After applying server maintenance, I highly recommend
browsing this file. The contents are cumulative, and it has a wealth
of information on what APARs are fixed, new features, etc., that you
won't find in the printed manuals (including the recovery utilities
you asked about).

Hope this helps,

Andy Raibeck
Connecticut Mutual