ADSM-L

OS/2 client GUI not displaying capacity > 4GB correctly

1995-07-18 19:24:18
Subject: OS/2 client GUI not displaying capacity > 4GB correctly
From: Shu-na Chu <shuna AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 1995 16:24:18 PDT
> Date:         Thu, 6 Jul 1995 20:30:56 GMT
> From:         Scott Brodbeck <usdss7rs AT IBMMAIL DOT COM>
> Subject:      OS/2 Client Problems
> I've run into a problem and don't know if it will cause more problems
> later.  When I start the OS/2 ADSM client, I get an incorrect capacity
> on some of my drives. All the drives that are incorrect are about
> 4GB short and report only 3.55GB on a 7.55GB drive (RAID array).
> At this time I only have .5GB used but I intend to add another 3.5 to
> 4GB over the next six months. Am I going to experience some problems?
> And is there a patch to the "4GB size limit?"

> Scott L Brodbeck
> Systems Programmer - Network Services
> Missouri Dept of Natural Resources         P.O. Box 176
> Internet:   usdss7rs AT ibmmail DOT com           Jefferson City, MO
> 65102-0176
>            sbrodbec AT mail.more DOT net
> MO Dissoss: NBRODS @ DNRHOST               205 Jefferson St, 11th Floor
> voice:(314)751-2963; fax:(314)751-7749     Jefferson City, MO 65101

Scott,

I've attached APAR IC07967's problem with its answer text below for
the same problem you experienced against OS/2 client GUI's main
window not displaying the correct "capacity" for a given drive > 4GB.
The backups should run even though the "capacity" is not correct.

This APAR was answered as SUG.  Currently, we do not have a patch
for this problem.  We are looking into fixing this problem in the
future.

Shu-na Chu

---- attached APAR IC07967's TEXT ------------------------------------
THE OS/2 BACKUP/ARCHIVE GUI ONLY DISPLAYS THE CORRECT SIZE FOR
THE OS/2 BACKUP/ARCHIVE GUI ONLY DISPLAYS THE CORRECT SIZE FOR
A DRIVE IF IT'S LESS THAN 4GB.

ERROR DESCRIPTION:
The OS/2 Backup/Archive GUI can only display a maximum of
The OS/2 Backup/Archive GUI can only display a maximum of
4GB for the size of a drive. This column that displays
the size is the Capacity column on the "Drives for
Backup/Archive" panel.

ANSWER TEXT