ADSM-L

Re: Backup List for Client

1995-07-18 16:06:08
Subject: Re: Backup List for Client
From: Paul Zarnowski <VKM AT CORNELLC.CIT.CORNELL DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 1995 16:06:08 EDT
On Tue, 18 Jul 1995 15:07:21 EDT deba patnaik said:
>On Tue, 18 Jul 1995 14:49:40 +0000 Andrew Raibeck said:
>>Hi Deba,
>>
>>Can you elaborate on your question? I'm not sure what you mean
>>by a "backup list"? Perhaps if you explain what this list would
>>be used for, this might help.
>>
>>Andy Raibeck
>>Connecticut Mutual
>
>The user wants a list of all the files backed up. The kind of listing, you see
>online when you select directory tree for restore. The user wants the listing
>for all the filespace in a file or printed form.

(I don't have the answer to your question)

That would indeed be a useful utility to have.  In fact, I had a similar
question just the other day, but for archive files.  On a multi-user unix
system, where many users are archiving files to ADSM, is there any way that
the sysadmin for that unix system (or even an ADSM admin) can get a list
of all of the archive files for any user on that system?  Either as a listing
or online?  The problem we have, is that as users are deleted from the unix
system, their archive files remain around on ADSM.  Once this happens, we
no longer have a way to find these files.  They just become dead wood,
never expiring.  Are we just missing some feature of ADSM?
..Paul

Paul Zarnowski                     Phone:   607/255-4757
Cornell Information Technologies   Fax:     607/255-6523
Cornell University                 US Mail: 315 CCC, Ithaca, NY 14853-2601