ADSM-L

Macros -Reply

1995-07-10 13:52:47
Subject: Macros -Reply
From: Jane Dagostino-Snyder <j-dago AT CAFE.TC.UMN DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 1995 12:52:47 -0500
Dave,  Would the manual you mentioned on macros, Release 2 admin
Ref.  'Using Macros to issue commands'  be useful if I am on Version 1,
release 1, level 0.8/1.8 for MVS server and Version 1, release 2, level
0.8 for my 0S/2  Client inferface?   If it is useful, please let me know if the
manaul has an order number and price so I can get one ordered or would
my IBM rep know this?    Thanks for replying to my internet questions,
you have be very helpful.   Jane Dagstino-Snyder,  Unversity of
Minnesota.
 Dave Cannon <dcannon%VNET.IBM.COM AT vm1.spcs.umn DOT edu>
07/07/95 01:18pm >>>
A macro is a file which contains one or more server administrative
commands to be executed.  The macro cannot be invoked from the
server itself, but is invoked from a command-line administrative client.  To
invoke the macro from the client, issue the MACRO command followed by
the filename of the macro file.  For example, from an OS/2 admin client
with a macro file named "mymacro" in the current directory, you could
enter the command
    macro mymacro

The Release 2 Admin Reference contains a section called "Using Macros
to Issue Commands".

Dave Cannon
ADSM Development