ADSM-L

GUI backup speed (AT&T client)

1995-07-10 04:46:55
Subject: GUI backup speed (AT&T client)
From: Michael Lindner <lindnerm AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 1995 01:46:55 PDT
> Vince says:
>
> One of my users says it takes about four times longer using the
> X-Windows AT&T GUI client vs. the command line client.  Does this
> make any sense to anyone?  I would expect maybe 1.2 times but not four.

I have run several tests backup/restore, archive/retrieve with small
and large files on an AT&T client. There was no big difference in the
performance between CLC and GUI. In some cases the GUI took 1.5 times
more time (but not four times). What is the customers environment?

Michael Lindner, IBM Germany