ADSM-L

Tape Storage Pools

1995-07-07 11:20:15
Subject: Tape Storage Pools
From: Jane Dagostino-Snyder <j-dago AT CAFE.TC.UMN DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 1995 10:20:15 -0500
Hi all,
I have defined a pool 'backtape' to be used as the next Storage pool after
Disk if datasets reach a certain size.  As you guessed, this is a cartridge
pool.  I want all of my mounts to be called in on 3490e drive with the
prefix of sys6.adsm.  Although I have issued this command ' on the
command line in ADSM, 'DEF DEV 3490E DEV=CART'  which I believe will
work, is there a command used in ADSM or by the GUI to display this
new definition?  At this time, it would be difficult to actually test to ensure
that this actually went to a 3490e device.  I want to verity this change as
I do not want to mix the 3480is in that

Problem number two:  After the fact (after I had already issued the
above command ) I decided I wanted to use the prefix of SYS6.ADSM,
but tried to issue another define command but said that this was already
defined.  How can one redefine it or where is the default of ADSM.BFS
which is the default defined in?.

Thanks for any time you have given,   Jane Dagostino-Snyder