ADSM-L

AIX install without root access

1995-07-06 11:41:50
Subject: AIX install without root access
From: Dennis Riley <riley AT TIMKEN DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 1995 11:41:50 -0400
Dear ADSMers,
First let me apologize for my original posting on this topic which had some
garbage included everytime I used the backspace key.  Now to the topic at
hand: We have a firewall box (AIX v3.1.5) which we do not own, thus we
do not have root access to. I would still like to use ADSM to backup
files which we can modify. Is there a way to install ADSM without root
access?

Dennis Riley               riley AT timken DOT com
Unix System Admin.         216-471-3515
The Timken Company         Canton, OH