ADSM-L

Re: ADSM OS/2 Client

1995-07-04 14:43:53
Subject: Re: ADSM OS/2 Client
From: Peter Ray <peterray AT I-LINK DOT NET>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 1995 13:43:53 -0500
>I am planning to load the OS/2 client on a machine that is already
>running LAN Server and is used for a data server as well as an
>application server.
>
>Are there and TUNING problems that I should look out for????
>
>Advice from anyone with this experience will be appreciated.

We run LAN Server 3.01, OS/2 2.11, and ADSM 1.2.x on approx. 40 servers.  On
most servers, I use NetBIOS as transport.  I just make sure I allocate a
session, a name, and 5 NCBs in PROTOCOL.INI for ADSM.  I run backups at
night, and enable compression to improve network I/O.  No problems - a very
good fit.