ADSM-L

[no subject]

1995-06-26 13:12:09
From: Greg Tevis <gtevis AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 1995 10:12:09 PDT
Jerry...I believe you are referring to the inventory expiration processing,
which does indeed suck up cpu cycles.  You can control this in the
server options file with the EXPINTERVAL parameter.  Set this to the
number of hours between automatic expiration runs.  I would recommend
once a day.  Anything more than that is mostly wasted because files
become eligible for expiration based on day, not hours or minutes...
You could also set it to 0 which never runs expiration processing
automatically...then you can issue the EXPIRE INVENTORY command when
you want to.  One final note..I believe expiration kicks off based
on the adsm server start up time...this may not be the right time
to be running expiration (ie, you may want to set it to 0 and
schedule the command using some scheduler (or ADSM's scheduler in
version 2)).

EXPINTERVAL 0

Greg Tevis
ADSM technical support