ADSM-L

ADMS/6000 and NFS

1995-06-22 12:10:39
Subject: ADMS/6000 and NFS
From: Dean Roy <DEAN AT ALPHA.UWINDSOR DOT CA>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 1995 11:10:39 EST
I am currently looking at ADSM/6000 as a possible storage management
solution for our shop.

I am looking for information on how ADSM works with file systems that
are mounted via NFS. My situation is this:

        I have users who use one machine and think the files are local but
in reality they are NFS mounted from a central NFS server. Users are
not allowed to logon to the central NFS server. My concern is how ADSM
handles this situation. Which machine would backups be run from - the
NFS server or client? Does ADSM allow a user on the client machine to
restore a file to the NFS server?

If anyone can provide information on this, I would be very grateful!

                                                        Thanks

  Dean Roy                           Email: DEAN AT UWINDSOR DOT CA
  Systems Programmer                 Voice: (519)253-4232 Ext 2763
  University of Windsor              Fax  : (519)973-7083