ADSM-L

ADSM/400 and Netware - Good Option?

1995-06-09 13:23:02
Subject: ADSM/400 and Netware - Good Option?
From: Frank Ramke <ramke AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 1995 10:23:02 PDT
To:           Multiple recipients of list ADSM-L <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>

Paul,
I can answer a few of your questions..

Can I backup NW 3.11, 3.12 and 4.1 servers?
>> Yes, ADSM runs on all 3.x and 4.x servers.

Do I need either NW-SAA or TCP-IP?  (Our servers and AS/400 are currently
token-ring attached)
>> ADSM can use either TCPIP or NWSAA to connect to AS/400 servers.
>> (TCPIP comes with 3.x and 4.X free)

Will ADSM provide NDS backups on the 4.1 servers?
>> Yes, ADSM can do this. (Note: a few bug fixes with the version 2
   client)

What kind of throughput should I expect between a 3.11 server (32mb ram,
8gb disk) and the AS/400?
What kind of tape rotation options are there?
What kind of capacity can I expect to get on a 3490E tape?
Are there better places to ask these kind of questions?