ADSM-L

Move data is Very Long??

1995-06-08 22:58:39
Subject: Move data is Very Long??
From: Yves Tremblay <ytrembla AT COURRIER.USHERB DOT CA>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 1995 21:58:39 -0500
I, My adsm server is on ADSM6000 ( Aix ). Yesterday i do this command:

move data AIX001 stg=UNIXSTG. The two storages media was 8 mm of
7 giga with compression. AIX001 filled at 51%. This operation taken
4 Hours and half. My two's driver was busy for a long time. Is normal
that this copy of tape to tape take a very long time ??? The tape unit
is a IBM 7331-205 tape library with two drive unit of 7 Giga bytes.

If the time of life of a 8 mm cartridge isn't very long, i suppose that
i should take this operation many times ... Is it true. Are there a
mechanism in adsm to secure data on a 8 mm media tape. ???????

             Thank for answer..... Yves