ADSM-L

Banyan Client

1995-06-08 12:19:00
Subject: Banyan Client
From: Evans <S=Evans%S=Evans%G=Ross%O=SSC%OU1=BOC1%SCN AT MCIMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 1995 11:19:00 EST
Date: Thursday, 8 June 1995 11:56am ET
To: [email protected]=EMS=INTERNET."D=MBX1=ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu".x400
From: Ross.Evans@SSCBOCA

Dear ADSM Development Team,

   I still have not received a date, that I can count on, that ADSM will
support Banyan Vines.  I have talked with Andy Miller and he is confident that
something(?) will be available in the September timeframe.  However, neither
IBM nor Performance Technology has yet to commit, in writing, to a date.

   I also find it somewhat disheartening that, as an IBM customer, I am
compelled to prod a potential IBM co-partner into providing relief for an IBM
product.

   We currently use POWERSave from Performance Technology and are not
completely happy with these backups.  Hence we were looking to replace it with
a centralized scheme.  ADSM and some AT&T solution were a couple tools we
looked at.  I understand that POWERSave does not back-up E-Mail and user
passwords.  Therefore, additional "local" backups must be run.  This is
exactly the scenario we are trying to avoid in a centralized sceme.

   There are people in my shop that are pressing for a solution that is
"available now".  However, I am sure you are aware that this may be
detrimental to our company's long-range strategic goal.

   Please let me know when IBM can commit to a date for ADSM native Banyan
Vines support (it would be good to hear some of these additional concerns
addressed as well).

            Thank you,
            R o s s   E v a n s

 S i e m e n s   S t r o m b e r g - C a r l s o n
          5500 Broken Sound Boulevard
          Boca Raton, Florida, USA  33487
                            Phone: (407) 955-8019
                            Fax:   (407) 955-8352
 E-Mail:  SN=Evans%G=Ross%O=SSC%OU1=BOC1%SCN AT mcimail DOT com