ADSM-L

ADSM devices disappearing

1995-06-07 04:35:32
Subject: ADSM devices disappearing
From: Baba Z Buehler <baba AT BECKMAN.UIUC DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 1995 03:35:32 -0500
I'm having a problem with my ADSM devices "disappearing", this is with 1.2m7
and AIX 3.2.5.

On each reboot it seems the OS can no longer find my tape drive and library
("ADSM Tape Drive" and "ADSM Library") ... so it configures a new /dev/rmt
device for the tape drive and does nothing for the library.

If I look at things in smit, both the ADSM Tape Drive and ADSM Library are
listed as "Available", but lscfg will not show them at all.  If I run cfgmgr
manually after booting, the ADSM Tape Drive will show up, but not the ADSM
Library.

I did run "bosboot -a -u -d /dev/ipldevice" after configuring the devices.

Any ideas?

Many thanks,
--
# Baba Z Buehler - 'Hackito Ergo Sum'