ADSM-L

[no subject]

1995-05-30 02:13:49
From: Amadeus Forums <dehtpnmk AT IBMMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 30 May 1995 02:13:49 EDT
From: Amadeus Forums AT MUCVM1 <dehtpnmk AT ibmmail DOT com>
Subject: backup of socket files

Amadeus FORUMS for LEO URLAUB :
private replies to: <dehtp2tp AT ibmmail DOT com>

I am doing SYSBACK via cronjob; I am not interested in the success
messages, thus I redirect the primary output stream to /dev/null.

However, in my mail I find a messages for every different socket
telling me that it has not been backed up.

How can I
ensure that they are backed up (or does it make sense at all to
  back them up? They are empty anyway, but eg. the snmpd sockets
  are needed to stop/restart snmpd)
suppress the message, yet without loosing any 'real' error message,
  ie. without redirecting the secondary output stream to /dev/null?
 Best Regards  -  Mit freundlichen Gruessen
 Leo Urlaub