ADSM-L

ADSM on Macintosh - Backup fails and/or Mac Hangs

1995-05-25 11:21:39
Subject: ADSM on Macintosh - Backup fails and/or Mac Hangs
From: "Jamie Sonsini (PROFS: JAS Phone: x3572)" <9531SONS AT UCSBVM.UCSB DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 25 May 1995 08:21:39 PDT
*** Reply to note of 05/25/95 08:16

Grahame - I have had problems with ADSM on my Macintosh (sys 7.5.1)
consistently.  My experience after months of testing seem to point
to a problem with an init from DCA (now merged with Attachmate) for
their IRMA Workstation for Macintosh product (a 3270 emulation program).
DCA has offered no solution (yet).

The failure seemed to always occur while attempting to transfer a
large file (30MB+).  Removing the DCA init produced good solid
backups, leaving the init installed produced repeated failures with
these large files.

Good luck,

                                      Jamie Sonsini
                                      IS&C, Computer Center