ADSM-L

ADSM and NetWare 4.1

1995-05-19 14:38:55
Subject: ADSM and NetWare 4.1
From: Melinda Varian <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 19 May 1995 14:38:55 EDT
We're having some difficulty deciphering the ADSM documentation with
regard to Netware 4.1.  I'd appreciate some help with the following
questions from our Netware administrator:

Here's what I am not clear about with ADSM and NW4.1 based upon my
reading the read.me document:

1) to back up the NDS tree one issues the command:
     load dsmc sel dir
What command does one issue to have ADSM back up the NDS tree
incrementally on a scheduled basis at the Master 4.1 server, and also
backup the server in bindery emulation mode?  Does ADSM have to be run
twice? What's the command syntax?

2) by default the ADSM client uses bindery emulation.  One can also use
a NDS userid. Presumably if this NDS userid has the supervisor object
right to all 4.1 servers, then ADSM can backup all the 4.1 servers. (But
the trustee rights changes made during incremental backups are not
detected or backed up.)  Does the backup of the servers in the NDS tree
happen automatically if one runs ADSM from the Master 4.1 server, or does
ADSM have to be installed on each server?  I realize that TSA410.nlm has
to be run on every 4.1 server.

3) if one uses a bindery emulation userid to preserve the trustee rights
changes, a "supervisor" userid has to be set up on each 4.1 server.
Does this mean that ADSM has to be launched from each server with the
"load dsmc sched" command?

Thanks.
-Bob