ADSM-L

Controlling Execution of Macro Statements

1995-05-17 16:34:34
Subject: Controlling Execution of Macro Statements
From: Bob Klein <KL2 AT CU.NIH DOT GOV>
Date: Wed, 17 May 1995 16:34:34 EDT
I have begun setting up some administrative scripts to run on my
Unix client.  The purpose of the scripts is to (1) do an expire
inventory; (2) set off migration from the diskpool by lowering
the migration threshold; and (3) do a tape reclamation, in that
order.  I want each task to end before the next one begins.  So
far the only way I have been able to figure out to control the
execution of each of the tasks is to have each one submitted as a
separate batch job allowing enough time between the submissions
to hopefully give each task enough time to complete before the
next one is submitted.  What I would like to know is if anyone is
aware of any other way to control when each of a series of adsm
administrative tasks gets started, i.e. having the start of one
be dependent on the completion of the preceeding one.  For
example, since expire inventory starts a backround process, in a
single macro containing an expire inventory and an upd stg pool
statement, in that order, the upd stg pool statement would get
executed while the backround process for the expire inventory
statement was going on.  I guess what I would like would be for
some program control statements in the macro language.

Thanks for any info.

Robert P. Klein                          KL2 AT CU.NIH DOT GOV
Robert P. Klein                          KL2 AT CU.NIH DOT GOV
Phone: 301-496-7400                      Fax: 301-496-6905
Mail:  DCRT/CFB/ETS, 12A/1033, 12 SOUTH DR MSC 5607,
       BETHESDA, MD 20892-5607