ADSM-L

Chameleon TCP/IP and Windows

1995-05-15 16:18:05
Subject: Chameleon TCP/IP and Windows
From: Jerry Lawson <jlawson AT ITTHARTFORD DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 15 May 1995 15:18:05 EST
I just installed a new customer who is using Chameleon 4.5 for his TCP/IP
connection.  He says this is the latest release.  He is able to make the first
connection fine, but cannot connect up the second time.  We looked in the
DSMERROR.LOG, and there are no messages in there, except for some NetWare
drive messages (drive is type 06).  There are also no indications on the
server that a session was ever initiated.  On the Windows machine, we get
either the "ZZZZZZ" or hourglass, depending on whether we were starting the
scheduler or the main program.  The programs seem to have stopped responding -
we waited for at least a minute with no response - we hit Alt - Ctrl- del, and
the Windows intercept told us that the application had stopped responding, e
let Windows throw it out, and windows came back.  We stopped Windows and
restarted, and we were able to resetablish an ADSM session, but no other
TCP/IP applications could start, either.

Has anyone else seen this?   I have seen a similar problem with old releases
of LanWorkplace for DOS, but Novell maintenance usually cures the problem.  I
do not know if there is any applicable Chameleon maintenance.

Suggestions, anyone?

Jerry Lawson