ADSM-L

Procedure for Full Windows Client Recovery

1995-05-11 15:48:26
Subject: Procedure for Full Windows Client Recovery
From: Abi Admassu <abi.admassu AT UCOP DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 11 May 1995 12:48:26 -0700
Hi everyone,

I am upgrading the hard disk drive on my 486 PC.  I am doing this by taking
the old drive out and put in the new and larger drive. I have backed up
everything on the old drive using ADSM Windows client v1r2m7. Now I would
like to do a full restore to my new drive using ADSM.   The procedure to do
this the way I understand it is:

1.  Load DOS
2.  Load Windows
3.  Load PCTCP On-Net
4.  Load ADSM Windows Client
5.  Make sure the name of my hard drive matches the old one
6.  Restore by Tree (restore directories dos, windows, pctcp to dos2,
windows2, pctcp2,                because I need my old *.ini and other setup
files in these directories)
7.   Restore by Tree  (all other directories)

This seems a rather long way to do it.  Does any one know of a better way,
especially does
any one know how to create a bootable diskette to be used for restoring the
old system to the new system using ADSM during a pc hard drive failure?  Any
input is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Abi
abi.admassu AT ucop DOT edu