ADSM-L

Re: DataBase Management

1995-05-10 08:31:20
Subject: Re: DataBase Management
From: Bob Klein <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 10 May 1995 08:31:20 EDT
> >Could the procedure Wayne described also be used to move the database from
> >one device type to another?  I'm going to have to move ADSM from 3380-K's
> >to another device (probably RAMACS) this summer and was worried about how
> >to move the database.  It sounds like this should work.  Anyone tried it?
> >
> >Martha
>
> Martha;  Yes, this should work.  No, I haven't tried it.    ;)
> IMHO, these kinds of features are some of ADSM's greatest strengths.

I have used precisely this procedure to move the data base from
3380-K's to RAMAC with no problem.  BTW, I had to ask the list
first to see how to do it.  The manual is not all that clear,
unless you know what you are looking for.

Robert P. Klein                          KL2 AT CU.NIH DOT GOV
Robert P. Klein                          KL2 AT CU.NIH DOT GOV
Phone: 301-496-7400                      Fax: 301-496-6905
Mail:  DCRT/CFB/ETS, 12A/1033, 12 SOUTH DR MSC 5607,
       BETHESDA, MD 20892-5607