ADSM-L

DataBase Management

1995-05-09 14:01:09
Subject: DataBase Management
From: Jerry Lawson <jlawson AT ITTHARTFORD DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 9 May 1995 13:01:09 EST
We are running the MVS server.  Through what looks like poor planning on my
part, we allocated our database for ADSM too small.  We have used the
documented procedures to expand the database, but are concerned that we have
to many database "extents" out there.  (We currently have 4 databases, all of
which are mirrored).  We know we will need to add more space, and probably
should move them to a different volume.  However, there is no documentation on
how to consolidate or move the databases.

Is this done through an unload and load DB commands?  The doc talks about
doing this to recover, but can it be used to consolidate, etc??  Also, is this
data base subject to lost space due to data deletions by the costomers, in a
manner similar to a PDS?

Jerry Lawson