ADSM-L

Re: UNIX Nodenames

1995-05-01 04:03:30
Subject: Re: UNIX Nodenames
From: Baba Z Buehler <baba AT BECKMAN.UIUC DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 1 May 1995 03:03:30 -0500
Baba Z Buehler <baba AT beckman.uiuc DOT edu> writes:

> Is there a painless (or mostly painless) way to get the UNIX ADSM clients to
> pick the FQDN as their nodename?  I _really_ don't want to reconfigure 400 UN
> IX machines here.

Ok,

I see that in the newer releases of the UNIX client software you can put the
NODename option in the _dsm.sys_ file and still use Passwordaccess Generate,
this will probably work for me.

BTW, does IBM plan clients for SGI's or NeXT's?

Thanks again,
--
# Baba Z Buehler - 'Hackito Ergo Sum'
# Baba Z Buehler - 'Hackito Ergo Sum'