ADSM-L

[no subject]

1995-04-27 14:05:20
From: "Mark A. Stevens" <xmas AT UXA.ECN.BGU DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 1995 13:05:20 -0500
On Apr 27, 12:35pm Bob Klein said:
>I agree that in theory an exit for racf etc. would be nice.  I'm
>not sure how much that will buy you though, because there is not
>a one to one mapping between users and nodes.  A user can have
>more than one machine and a machine can have more than one user.
>For Unix clients, ADSM does have a generate password feature.
>In any case, in many instances adsm users may end of having to
>know another password anyway.

For most of our users, there is one machine per person. If they already
have accounts on the mainframe, then I could tie the passwords
together.  If they don't, I'll make them one. If they have more than
one machine, then educating them to have different names for the disk
volumes they are backing up, would let them move files between the
machines (when the PTFs are available).  For Novell servers, we could
make up a userid and password, or have the exit determine that a server
uses ADSM's password for verifcation.

--
Mark A. Stevens                           Phone:    708-235-2204
Mark A. Stevens                           Phone:    708-235-2204